Now, I'm the first to admit I love my Dove body wash. Who doesn't love that silky soft feeling on skin? But is that nice fleeting feeling really worth all the insane ingredients they put in them? Here's a few to name:
- Alpha Hydroxy acid (can cause sun sensitivity or burning)
- Methyl paraben (parabens mimic oestrogen, which research shows can increase breast cancer cells)
- Propyl paraben (parabens mimic oestrogen, which research shows can increase breast cancer cells)
- Ammonium Laureth Sulfate (Extremely drying)
- Salicylic Acid (used for acne so may be very drying on skin even causing redness)
Oatmeal and Lavender Homemade Body Wash Recipe:
- 3 Cups of Water (I always prefer distilled or filtered water)
- 1/4 Cup Oatmeal (steel cut or rolled)
- 1/4 Cup liquid Castile Soap
- 6-12 drops of lavender essential oil
- 1 teaspoon of vitamin e oil
- 2 teaspoons of jojoba (because it mimics natural body oil to moisturize skin) or Avocado oil(because on a molecular structure its small enough to penetrate skin and moisturize it)
- A foaming dispenser (can purchase on amazon)
- Start with bringing the 3 cups of filtered water to a boil
- Place oatmeal in a glass bowl and slowly pour the boiling water over the oatmeal
- Let sit for 1-2 hours and then strain the water to remove the oats from the water
- Set the water aside and discard the oats.
- In a small bowl mix the castile soap, vitamin e oil, lavender, and jojoba/avocado (which ever you pick) with a whisk until fully dissolved.
- Pour enough of the soap/oil mixture to fill about 10-15% of your container (that's about a half inch)
- Pour the oatmeal infused water into the dispenser until the container is almost full
- Twist the lid back on to the container and you are done!
This recipe should fill about two average sized containers (bottles).
Wow! I use dove soap and didn't know this about it... Learning so much, thanks!ReplyDelete
Great article by the great author, it is very massive and informative but still preaches the way to sounds like that it has some beautiful thoughts described so I really appreciate this article. Best exfoliating loofah pads Cute Eve service provider.ReplyDelete
I am very thankful to you that you have shared this information with us. Read more info about Handmade Goat Milk Soap Online USA. I got some different kind of knowledge from your web page, and it is really helpful for everyone. Thanks for share it.ReplyDelete