I adore this recipe because I used to use my old pre-CG conditioners as my shaving gel. Until I realized, if I don't want silicones in my hair why would I put it on my skin? Here's a great DIY alternative to everyday shaving gels I found on Pinterest!
- 3/4 cup of aloe vera gel
- 1/4 cup of coconut oil
- 1 vitamin E capsule or 1 teaspoon of vitamin e oil (I personally like the oil better)
- 10-15 drops of essential oil of your choice (I personally love lavender for its relaxing properties)
- Heat up the coconut oil for15 seconds at a time until almost melted- usually takes about 30 seconds total in my microwave)
- Combine aloe Vera and coconut oil
- Stir until well combined consistency
- Poke a hole in the vitamin E capsule and squeeze the contents of the capsule into your mixture or if you chose oil form this is where you add the teaspoon of vitamin e oil
- Stir in your favorite essential oil until it smells good (this varies by person that's why I don't put a set number of drops)
- Place in an airtight container ( I normally use plastic ones since they are cheap and reusable, if I'm feeling fancy I'll use a mason jar)
Remember to shake the bottle well before every use.
This mixture will clog up your razor blade much more quickly than regular shaving cream. If you want to preserve your razors a bit to last longer make sure to rinse well and switch it around in alcohol to help remove the oil, and dry well until your next use.